guix-devel

Re: New VM image

From: Danny Milosavljevic
Subject: Re: New VM image
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 16:28:24 +0200

Hi Ludo,
Hi Chris,

> What would it take to allow for password-less sudo?  We could do that.

Example from /etc/sudoers:

guest ALL=NOPASSWD:/run/current-system/profile/bin/mount /x

> > - "sudo herd status" reports that term-auto and user-homes is stopped,
> >   which I think might be intended, but I'm not sure.

user-homes is a one-shot service, so technically it's good if it's stopped.
Maybe it makes sense to say that it's a one-shot service, or not list it
at all by default or something.

term-auto is cheating in order to be able to present a login on the serial
console if the Linux kernel is started with a serial console.  If the
Linux kernel is started without a serial console (normal for x86_64 laptops
etc), then term-auto will just stop.  It's mostly intended for ARM machines
(and x86_64 servers, I guess).