guix-devel

Re: Binary descriptors for OpenCV

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Binary descriptors for OpenCV
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2023 14:14:52 +0200

Nathan Dehnel <ncdehnel@gmail.com> writes:

> Perhaps such greyzone objects that can't be fully regenerated should
> be put in their own channel so users know where they are and it
> doesn't become a mystery how many they have installed on their
> systems.

I would want put a variant of the opencv package in the guix-science
channel if we decide not to include them, because xfeatures2d is useful
for feature detection in scientific applications (that’s the only reason
why I’m looking into this).

However, it would be good to come up with a policy anyway.

And of course it would be nicer if we could avoid further fragmentation,
as we’d need to push all packages that depend on this variant of opencv
to that separate channel, too.

--
Ricardo