guix-devel

Re: How can we decrease the cognitive overhead for contributors?

From: Katherine Cox-Buday
Subject: Re: How can we decrease the cognitive overhead for contributors?
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2023 11:19:49 -0600

On 9/4/23 7:32 PM, Maxim Cournoyer wrote:

   13. Run `guix style` (this is still in the manual although I have since
       learned this is not actually advisable).

The intent is for it to be advisable -- when it's not, a bug should
be/have been reported against it to track its resolution.

Thanks, Simon. I only became aware that it has quirks and should not be blindly trusted by reading through this thread. In the future, I'll modify my workflow to still run it, but treat it as untrustworthy, check its results, and report bugs against it.