guix-devel

Tests only pass starting from the third attempt

From: Daniel Nezamabadi
Subject: Tests only pass starting from the third attempt
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 19:22:00 +0200 (CEST)

Hello everyone,

hope you are having a nice day. I have just installed GNU Guix 1.4.0 on my x86_64 machine, and went through 3.7 and 5 (Getting Started) of the manual, before taking a crack at the cookbook. In particular, the 2.1.2.3 of the cookbook references 22 (Contributing) of the manual. After executing
git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
git fetch origin keyring:keyring guix git authenticate 9edb3f66fd807b096b48283debdcddccfea34bad \ "BBB0 2DDF 2CEA F6A8 0D1D E643 A2A0 6DF2 A33A 54FA"
guix shell -D guix --pure
./bootstrap
./configure --localstatedir=/var
make
I was able to build the project successfully. However, when I started to run make check, a few issues came up:

1. On the first run, make quits early without showing a summary. (see files in first-run)
2. The second run finishes, with 1 Fail. (see files in second-run)
3. The third run finishes successfully. (see summary in third-run)

Since I didn't know how the section on Installation was going to help me with this, I am following the advice to send a mail to the mailing list. Since the tests passed the third time, can I assume everything is fine (i.e. I can continue with the cookbook/reference)?

I hope this proves to be useful to you. If you have any feedback for me, please let me know.

Best,
Daniel