guix-devel

Re: Making linux-libre@6.5 the default kernel

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Making linux-libre@6.5 the default kernel
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2023 14:17:14 -0400

On Tue, Oct 03, 2023 at 11:05:40AM +0000, Ada Stevenson wrote:
> Hi Guix!

Hi!

> I understand why that may be; the commit is quite new, and pushing new
> kernel versions on everyone is a pretty big thing. I just want to know what
> the timeline on this sort of thing is - when can we expect the new 6.5
> kernel to become the default?

Thanks for asking about this. The reason is that I haven't had enough
time to make these changes lately, and for a while I have been the only
person updating the kernel in Guix.

I'd like for more people to join the effort, and there's some info about
that subject here:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2023-10/msg00079.html