guix-devel

Re: Segmentation fault

From: Ignas Lapėnas
Subject: Re: Segmentation fault
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 09:32:22 +0200

Hi all,

Apparently It’s my stupid mistake. Forgot to use “sudo” when running guix system
before time-machine.

Works:
sudo guix time-machine --commit=v1.3.0 –-channels=./channels.scm -- system vm
config.scm

Segfaults:
guix time-machine --commit=v1.3.0 –-channels=./channels.scm -- system vm
config.scm

My guess it’s a permission thing although not completely sure which. The user
was added kvm group for read/write access following the manual.
I’ll try to look up what’s exactly wrong with my setup.

Sorry for taking your time.
Once again thank you guys for making GUIX happen!!!

–
Best Regards,
Ignas Lapėnas