guix-devel

Re: Commit Access: Sharlatan Hellseher

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: Commit Access: Sharlatan Hellseher
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 09:37:46 -0500

Hi,

Efraim Flashner <efraim@flashner.co.il> writes:

> On Fri, Jan 12, 2024 at 05:21:51PM +0100, Clément Lassieur wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 11 2024, Sharlatan Hellseher wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Guix!
>> >
>> > I am happy to have been granted commit access and I am ready to help
>> > review pending issues and prepare queued packages for GNU packages in
>> > astronomy. I would like to concentrate on the packages covered by the
>> > Go, Lisp, Python, and Science teams.
>> >
>> > I would like to thank the Guix team for allowing me to become a
>> > committer member. I am looking forward to continuing our collaboration.
>> >
>> > If anyone has a good patch review workflow using Emacs, Gnus, and Magit,
>> > I would appreciate it ;-)

Another easy option is to retrieve the Message-ID of any message in the
series (via the source HTML of the mail archives, or directly from the
mail headers if you have the mail locally), and then use B4, Linux
style [0].  Example: suppose I wanted to apply and review this Perl
series [1], then I could apply locally to my Guix git checkout with:

b4 shazam
'a6492643b9e32409b8420e7d54ba290d0937b838.1705443194.git.felix.lechner@lease&#45;up.com'

It should get the latest revisions if there are, and apply the full
series in one go.

[0]  https://b4.docs.kernel.org/en/latest/maintainer/am-shazam.html
[1]  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-patches/2024-01/msg01180.html
--