guix-devel

Re: Git-LFS or Git Annex?

From: Troy Figiel
Subject: Re: Git-LFS or Git Annex?
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 21:32:12 +0100

Hi all,

On 2024-01-24 19:41, pukkamustard wrote:
> I've used Git Annex for managing many large files (~100s of GiBs) and it
> worked. However, I found Git Annex to be quite complex and to do things
> automatically without me fully realizing.

I can mirror this sentiment. As far as my experience with git-annex
goes, it is a very flexible tool, but difficult to grok.

Although both are FOSS, only git-annex is mostly copyleft with the
(A)GPL3+. git-lfs I believe is copyrighted mainly by two large companies
(GitHub and Atlassian) under a non-copyleft license. Something to keep
in mind at least.

Best wishes,

Troy