[Health-dev] Feedback on MyGNUHealth

From: Gerald Wiese
Subject: [Health-dev] Feedback on MyGNUHealth
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 19:51:31 +0100

Hey,

I'm gathering feedback from our students on MyGNUHealth as I'm not sure which are tasks, issues or neglectable and I don't want to spam too much:

- Right click in GUI creates red circles

- Diagrams x axis don't have labels

- Diagrams x axis don't have scaling (imagine 5 points in one day, 1 month break, 5 points in 1 day: I would not see the break)

- Buttons are missing labels which makes it less intuitive and screen readers of blind people could not read them either

- Data is not encrypted, other apps could access it (they also say EU would demand encryption)

- Page of Life entries are not cleared (reopen it and see your entries twice)

- For some entries you can create notes but you can not see them

(- Installation on Android/iOS and integration of devices would be needed for wide spread use, that one we know)

(- Integrating Apple or Google stuff, we don't really want)

- Start display: Need to click anywhere not intuitive

- Connection tester does not have error handling, program just crashes

For resetting the page of life they suggest putting:

"self.bolgrid.clear_widgets()"

For storage they suggest encryption in TinyDB now and SQLite for long term:

"import tinydb_encrypted_jsonstorage as tae

db = TinyDB(encryption_key=personal_key, path="bol.db", storage=tae.EncryptedJSONStorage)"

"Conversion of the database architecture
Avoid TinyDB (document storage).
Use typed and encrypted key-value storage instead
Proposal: SQLite
Enables type-safe access and prevents insecure type conversions"

When I was checking the GUI related stuff, I ran into a problem introduced by recent version 2.0.1:

I installed it using pipx and Python 3.11 on Debian with KDE.

When I open it the first time, I can click on the welcome screen but not on the field 'Your name'. I get 'Key Error: <kivy.core.window.Keyboard object at ...>. Outcommenting the line "on_focus: key.focus = True" inside mygnuhealth/ui/login.kv resolved the issue.

Greets

Gerald