Re: [Health] How to handle corporate patients?

From: ronald munjoma
Subject: Re: [Health] How to handle corporate patients?
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 17:35:51 +0200

Hi Russel,

I have not followed your steps yet (GNU health is installed on my home machine). I am planning of implementing GNU Health in Zimbabwe one day. I forsee a situation more or less similar to yours.

In Zimbabwe if you have Medical Aid (Medical Insurance), your insurance company, depending on the plan you are subscribed to will have to cover some of the medical cost. In most cases the costs are split into, a third, 2 third and full amount. If your insurance company is covering a fraction of the bill, you will have to pay the difference in cash.

At the end of the month the hospital will then send the medical insurance a schedule of all the patient visits and associated costs.

I will be interested in finding out:

1. How to implemnt this co-payment system into GNU Health
2. Generate a schedule for the insurance company

Note: I have not looked at the concept of insurance in GNU Health. How does insurance work in GNU Health?

My apologies for "hijacking" your thread

Regards and thanks
Ronald Munjoma