Re: [Health] GNU Health queries

From: Selene Cordara
Subject: Re: [Health] GNU Health queries
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 12:58:05 +0000

Dear John Paul,
Luis Falcón sent a mail yesterday. Please find it below:

Hi Paul

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 5:00 AM, John Paul Dimaano
<address@hidden> wrote:
> To whom it may concern,
>
> I would like to request some inquiries,
>
> 1. Can GNU Health integrate to an existing accounting software?
GNU Health runs on top of a powerful framework for enterprise
applications, called Tryton [1]. So it has accounting, stock,
suppliers. PLease check the documentation on Wikibooks about GNU
Health functionality [2]
> 2. Can GNU Health fit on PHIC or the Philhealth in philippines regarding
> billing claims?
GNU health has been installed it many countries, with different
accounting and tax systems. It's part of the localization.
> 3. Can GNU Health work in different DB and DB master and slave structure?
You can design distributed or a centralized DB. It depends on your needs.
> 4. Can GNU Health work separately application server and database server?
In fact, that is the way it is today. You have Postgresql Database //
Tryton Application Server + GNU Health modules // client
> 5. Do all modules for GNU Health is working?
We test the official modules, contained in the .tar.gz file. Please
let us know if you find any issue with them.

> We're currently exploring on GNU Health capabilities.
>
> Hoping for your response.
Kind regards

[1] www.tryton.org
[2] http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health

--
Luis Falcon
GNU Health

Selene Cordara
GNU Solidario
Delivering Health and Education with Free Software
www.gnusolidario.org