Re: [Health] Domicillary Units: Ability to choose an existing party (ope

From: ronald munjoma
Subject: Re: [Health] Domicillary Units: Ability to choose an existing party (open record)
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 15:56:12 +0200

Hi Luis,

On 2 August 2013 12:58, Luis Falcon <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear Ronald
On 02/08/2013 05:20, ronald munjoma wrote:
> Dear Luis,
>

> On 1 August 2013 20:49, Luis Falcon <address@hidden
> <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
>
>     Dear Ronald
>
>     On 01/08/2013 12:20, ronald munjoma wrote:
>     > Dear All,
>     >
>     > It should be possible to add an existing Party to members of a
>     > Domicillary Unit. Right now when you add a member you only have the
>     > option to create a new Party,we need the ability to choose an existing
>     > party (open record) [same functionality as adding Members to a
>     Family Unit]
>     The right place to enter / assign the party to a DU is from the Party
>     demographics section, in the Domiciliary Unit field.
>

> I have tried from the  Party and got lost, are you in a position to set
> up a sample on the online demo. may be we can use the Betz family.

Go to Party -> Parties

Open the party Ana Betz
Check the Demographics section, the field Domiciliary Unit. It has
assigned the "Valse-LeonyCastillo1" DU.

Let me know if you could find it.

I have grasped the concept and managed to add members to a DU on my local installation.

What is the purpose of the New Button on Members page? Your earlier proposal  to make Members in the DU section read only is the best way forward.

Thanks and Regards
Ronald Munjoma

Best,

--