Re: [Health] Linking work flows with Services and their payments

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Linking work flows with Services and their payments
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 11:21:53 +0000

Dear Khurram

El Fri, 30 Sep 2016 12:55:44 +0500
Khurram Shahzad <address@hidden> escribió:
> Dear All,
>
> During implementation of GNU Health at our hospital, we have defined
> various OPD Services like:
>
> Consultancy Service
> Lab Test Services
> Radiology Test Services
>
> Patient arrives at front desk, gets registered and chooses some
> service. Then, he is sent to Cash Counter where he pays for the
> service and then the work flow for that service runs.
>
> What we want is that "The work flow runs only when the payment has
> been received". For example, a doctor can create new evaluation for a
> patient ONLY IF the patient has already paid the charges of the
> "Consultancy Service".
>
> How can I link the work flow "Create New Evaluation" with "Consultancy
> Service" payment by a specific patient? In other words, we want tight
> integration of "Services" with "Payments" through our software.
>
> Can it be done using available modules in GNU Health? If not, can
> anybody suggest me any other Tryton module which suits in this
> scenario?

It seems like a common scenario in different contexts.

What we have done in some implementations is the following :

* The registration officer / clerk registers the patient and creates
  the appointment and the service

* The patient enters the doctor office

* The doctor selects the - already created - service associated to this
  visit. The services are ordered by payment status and date. So, the
  first service shown would normally be the one to pick.

We also have implemented similar things for prescription orders, to let
the pharmacist know whether the prescription item/line has been paid.

If there is consensus, we can include this functionality in the
upcoming release. But hurry, since October 2nd we enter Feature Freeze
to get ready for 3.2 ! :)

All the best,

--
Dr. Luis Falcon, M.D., BSc