help-3dldf

[help-3dldf] GNU 3DLDF 2.0 released

From: Laurence Finston
Subject: [help-3dldf] GNU 3DLDF 2.0 released
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 12:31:32 +0100 (CET)

I am pleased to announce the release of GNU 3DLDF 2.0.

GNU 3DLDF is a package for three-dimensional drawing with MetaPost output.

The package can be downloaded from ftp.gnu.org/gnu/3dldf/.
Alternatively, http://ftpmirror.gnu.org/3dldf/ will automatically redirect to a
nearby mirror.

It is also available from the Git repository for the project at Savannah:

git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/3dldf.git

This is the first release since 1.1.5.1 in 2004.  It is also the first release
including the interactive program `3dldf', which implements a language intended
to resemble Donald Knuth's METAFONT language and John Hobby's MetaPost
language, which is based on METAFONT.
In previous releases, the GNU 3DLDF package was more like a library of C++
classes and functions which could be used by users to write programs for making
drawings.  For several years, versions of the package allowing interactive use
have been available via Savannah, but 2.0 is the first official release
including this feature.

There have been many other changes, too numerous to list here.

This release has been delayed so long, because the change in the way the
package is meant to be used (i.e., interactively) means that the manual must be
completely rewritten.  Unfortunately, it has not been possible for me to do
this.  However, in order not to delay the release any longer, I have decided to
go ahead without a new manual.  As a partial substitute, many examples are
included in the subdirectory `3DLDF-2.0/examples/'.

Further information is available on the website:
http://www.gnu.org/software/3dldf/[http://www.gnu.org/software/3dldf/]

Laurence Finston
GNU 3DLDF maintainer
Email:  Laurence.Finston --AT-- gmx.de