[Help-bash] Substitute bash code into a curl command

From: Csányi Pál
Subject: [Help-bash] Substitute bash code into a curl command
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 17:54:18 +0200

Hi,

I want to set a cron job with the following command:
curl http://[USERNAME]:address@hidden/update?hostname=[DOMAIN]&myip=[IP]

So the command could be eg.
curl -v
http://username-gmail-com:address@hidden/update?hostname=somename.ipdns.hu&myip=95.85.***.***

My question is: can one use this command as a cron job to execute
every say 10 minutes but so so the current IP address of the eth0
network interface ( this is the WAN interface ) - the [IP] in abowe
command - should be substituted automatically with the Current IP
address of the eth0 interface?

This is the way how can I update my dynamic IP address only.

--
Best, Pali