[Help-bash] Command completion with '*'

From: Peng Yu
Subject: [Help-bash] Command completion with '*'
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 12:13:55 -0600

Hi,

My current configuration of bash only allow me to complete a command
with its prefix. For example, if I type TAB after 'ls', I will see the
commands starting with `ls`.

Sometimes, too many commands are shown, and I want to restrict what
are shown. For example, I may want to type TAB after 'ls*f', so that
'lsof' will be shown but other commands not ending with 's' will not
be shown. Is this feature available in bash?

Peng