Re: [Help-bash] Why `echo !(*.l).c` behaves different depending on the c

From: Peng Yu
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] Why `echo !(*.l).c` behaves different depending on the context?
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 10:34:16 -0600

> How would you propose to "improve it" given the requirement that compound
> commands are parsed in their entirety before any part is executed?

I am still learning the grammar file. But why the compound commands
have to be parsed in their entirety? If each individual command in a
compound command is run one by one anyway in the backend, there is not
the reason why the frontend cannot parse each command one by one
instead of as a whole.

Peng