Re: Emacs gnus (tls) IMAP connection problems with Google

From: Van L
Subject: Re: Emacs gnus (tls) IMAP connection problems with Google
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 14:08:49 +1100

>> It's possible the first attempt fell in a black hole on the 'net.
>> The second attempt went a different circuitous route.

> In my case, the problem is consistent.
> Hopefully someone could give a clue on how to debug the issue and get more
> information.

The Taipei Times reported yesterday that the link between Fiji and Tonga has
been cut the last five days. Tonga is isolated in the main other than satlinks
for priority traffic, which does not include Facebook for holiday makers.
Traffic won’t get through there, for example.

One way to sussout what’s going for you is to see the raw packet exchange and
interpret that with capture tools. (Wireshark? Kali?)