Re: [Help-gnucap] Time step control

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] Time step control
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 17:33:08 -0500

On Monday 03 December 2007, a r wrote:
> storage element step control error:Mp.xi1 6.11037e-17
> using Euler, disabling time step control

More specific ...  combining some mails ...
-- info I left out of the previous message.

The required time step is 6.11037e-17 .

You said (by specifying option dtmin) that the smallest
acceptable time step is 1e-16 .

The action taken by the simulator is to switch that device to
Euler and not use it for step control.

I need to reword that message.

How would you like something of the form ...
C567: is too fast
Required step for accuracy: 5.58e-18
Min step per option dtmin:  1e-15
Using Euler for this device.

Eventually, the plan is to accept the full set of choices that
Spectre offers.  To much to do, too little time.

Then you could say "method= traponly" or "method=trapeuler", and
have more control of it.