help-gsl

Re: [Help-gsl] long double gsl_sf_exp()

From: Daniel J Farrell
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] long double gsl_sf_exp()
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 18:53:10 +0000

Hi everybody,

Thanks for that. Unfortunately I'm programming on a mac which treats long double differently that other platforms. The way long double is defined gives more precision to the floating point number (more meaningful significant figures) but very little in the way of extending the range of numbers available.

I have found gmp (http://www.swox.com/gmp/) which should allow me to calculate the number I want.

Kind regards all.

Daniel.