help-gsl

Re: [Help-gsl] Interpolated Values as function return

From: Klaus Huthmacher
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Interpolated Values as function return
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 18:58:29 +0100

Dear Rhys,

thank you very much for you reply. :)

> ...you will need to invoke foo::operator() on an instance of class
> foo.  Nothing GSL-specific here, just C++.  Does this even compile?

No, it does not compile. The code simply shows how I 'want' to use it. I
thought, that you have to give the GSL function the address of the member
function, in that case the foo::operator()().
But searching the internet told me, that it is not possible to get the
address from a member function in C++!?

> where you make F.params a pointer to the instance of class foo that
> you want to use, and then you cast in function function to retrieve
> the foo instance you want prior to invoking operator() on it.  This
> definitely does not compile.

Uh, what do you mean with 'it definitly _does not_complie'? So my idea is
plain wrong?

Kind regards,
-- Klaus Huthmacher.