help-guix

thermald updated to suport Intel Alder Lake CPUs

From: Thompson, David
Subject: thermald updated to suport Intel Alder Lake CPUs
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 12:56:22 -0500

Hello everyone,

I suspected my laptop was having some overheating issues this morning
and I realized that I wasn't running thermald like I should. So, I
added the thermald service to my OS config but the service failed to
start because my CPU wasn't supported. Turns out that was because our
thermald package was at version 2.4.7 which did not have support for
12th gen Intel Alder Lake CPUs. I upgrade our package to 2.5.1 and now
thermald works. If you have an Alder Lake CPU and want thermald to
actually work, you should run 'guix pull' and then reconfigure your
system!

- Dave