help-guix

Re: Architecture to reduce download time when pulling multiple packages

From: Josh Marshall
Subject: Re: Architecture to reduce download time when pulling multiple packages
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 14:09:05 -0400

I just went and installed everything with texlive in the name.  A few were
less than 1KB, a few over 1GB.  Download speed peaked at less than 3MB/s.
My Internet is a fiber connection with symmetric gigabit.  However, I think
picking at this info is the wrong tack.  I am of the opinion this should be
considered in the abstract and general to keep away from my situation and
to more apply towards all use cases.