help-guix

Re: When can package be added to Guix?

From: Adam Faiz
Subject: Re: When can package be added to Guix?
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2024 04:59:34 +0000

Hi martin,
> Hello, I follow a cool project, PrivacyBrowser, by Soren Stoutner.

> I have been eagerly awaiting its inclusion in Guix, but for some reason it
> has stalled, and no response has been given to the developer. See chain here:
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=64408

> Can anything be done?

I think you should follow Clément Lassieur's suggestions in the link above, but
I recommend web-browsers.scm as a more appropriate place than qt.scm for adding
PrivacyBrowser.

Sometimes the developers forget about patches, so it's good to notify Guix
committers by IRC or emailing the appropriate package team listed in
etc/teams.scm.