help-guix

Re: Problem with g++ and iostream

From: Tomas Volf
Subject: Re: Problem with g++ and iostream
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 11:10:26 +0100

On 2024-03-01 10:50:38 +0100, Baptiste Demoulin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I encountered a problem today with the =g++= compiler from the package
> =gcc-toolchain=.  When compiling a simple hello world program:
>
> #+begin_src c++
>  #include <iostream>
>  int main () {
>    std::cout << "Hello World\n";
>    return 0;
>  }
> #+end_src
>
> with:
> #+begin_src bash
>  g++ hello.cc
> #+end_src
>
> I have the following errors, tracing back to the =iostream.h= file:
>
> [..]
>
> Is it a bug, or am I doing something wrong here ?

When I try to compile your source code using

    guix shell -C gcc-toolchain -- g++ x.cpp

it does work.  Could you try it as well to check whether it will work at least
in a pure environment?

Have a nice day,
Tomas Volf

--
There are only two hard things in Computer Science:
cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.