help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] wanting an updated version in CentOS 7 repo

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] wanting an updated version in CentOS 7 repo
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 21:17:19 +0100

Op 30-01-19 om 20:25 schreef John Carew:
> I think my question was misunderstood. I am willing to compile the latest
> myself, how does someone add that new version compiled into the repo.
> Willing to do all the work to wrap it up in a RPM and all, just need to know
> what the procedure is to get the RPM there afterwards.

There is no way to get it there.  That is what item 21 of the FAQ says.

> Also, how did the current one that is in the repo get there?

CentOS is copied from Red Hat.  So the Red Hat developers put it there,
when RHEL 7 was released.  And item 21 means that after a release there
will be no updates to newer versions.

(But you're asking the wrong persons.  The nano developers have no say
in what Red Hat or any other distro puts in their repos.)

Benno