help-octave

DDE solvers / How to set HISTORY

From: Maurizio De Pittà
Subject: DDE solvers / How to set HISTORY
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2019 20:57:31 +0100

Dear all,
I am troubled by the DDE solvers in octave. My question follows this question that sadly remained without answer:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-octave/2016-08/msg00064.html

In particular, I cannot understand what is the "matrix" that I need to provide as HISTORY in the input argument of any of the octave/dde-solvers -- i.e. any of the odeXXd solvers in the odepkg. There is no explanation on the specifics of this matrix and why it seems to be required to be of size n_var * n_delay. This is very different from MATLAB implementations. Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Maurizio