[Help-smalltalk] Re: problems with 1.8.4

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: problems with 1.8.4
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 11:19:56 +0100 (CET)

Thanks for your analysis.  Could you send me the assembly code for
hashString?  I still believe it is a problem with either the compiler or,
given the new information I have, the run-time library.  The fact is that
hashString does not ever write to memory except maybe for stack-allocated
variables (but I think there isn't any).  Also, it is true that mmap
memory management could be a source of bugs, but the bug already happened
when I used malloc for it.

ps: please send follow-ups to address@hidden