[Help-smalltalk] Problem compiling Smalltalk-1.95.4 for Linux

From: Weiss, Scott A.
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Problem compiling Smalltalk-1.95.4 for Linux
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 15:03:40 -0400

Hi. I'm trying to compile Smalltalk-1.95.4 on a 686 Pentium running Red Hat Linux 7. Running the configure script seems to go fine. When running 'make', I get errors like the following:

interp-bc.inl:746: initializer element for 'falseByteCodes[255]' is not computable at load time

I get errors for every position in falseByteCodes, trueByteCodes, monitoredByteCodes, and normalByteCodes.

Do you have any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this? Thanks for your help.

Scott Weiss