[Help-smalltalk] Re: extension modules for GST

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: extension modules for GST
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 22:20:13 +0200

-------- Original Message --------
Oggetto: Re: extension modules for GST
Data: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 04:50:51 +0530
Da: V.Krishna Kumar
Rispondi-A: address@hidden
A: Paolo Bonzini

> I started writing a MySQL extension and it builds as a shared lib
> (at present I'am preparing for my semester exams). Although it
> is incomplete, I'am sending  u a copy of the code.

Great.  Thanks very much!

BTW, a little status update:
- I have rewritten a good deal of the i18n code to rely on a module
rather than trying to load locale data on its own.  This is much more
portable and supports iconv for character set conversion, making
internationalized Smalltalk programs behave exactly like
internationalized C programs.  It is also interesting because it shows
some module techniques techniques that previously were only found
in the documentation (which was not very clear and updated either)

- I've introduced preemption when I/O on sockets and pipe would block,
and two-way pipes for IPC.  As soon as this is complete (i.e. WebServer
running), I could release a (very) alpha release.