[Help-smalltalk] misc problems

From: Arjen van Elteren
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] misc problems
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 22:34:10 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

I've been playing with gst 1.96 and found some glitch
in the new async file handling. (It seems the signal
handler is never called by the OS (linux)). Is this a
known problem ?

The other thing is in the buffering in FileStream. In
FileStream>>basicFlush the file is repositioned two
times (while both time the position is already
correct), causing data to be overwritten. I solved
this by simply removing the move actions. I was
playing with the writeEnd and writePtr and I have not
figured out why writeEnd is used.

The new version is more stable when it comes to
call-in/out (i cannot get my library to work under
version 1.95.4). In both function the call
cObjectFromTypedOOP seems to be missing (it is
available in callin.c), is this function suspect?.
I've been using it and so far no problem.

My library  has to be compiled with C++. In pubgst.h I
found a small problem at line 154
 extern "C" }
should be simply
            }
Also every time I install gst i have to edit gst.h so
that true and false become _true and _false. I seem to
remember g++ having some flags to allow redefining
true and false but can't find it....

Arjen van Elteren