[Help-smalltalk] Patch to add unsigned int support...

From: David Forster
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Patch to add unsigned int support...
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 20:28:03 -0600

I've created a small patch to add support for unsigned ints and
unsigned longs in C function declarations (#uInt and #uLong).  I know
one could just use CULong and pass it as a #cObject, but I'm working
on Xlib bindings and ulongs get used alot...

I've tested this with both passing uints/ulongs and returning them.
I've also testing sending true/false to functions asking for
ulongs/uints.  I've also, of course, tested all this against large
ints (2^32-1) and things seem to all work OK.

I noticed that when returning a long in callCFunction() that
`fromCInt()' was being used, which on 64-bit platforms it looks like
it may cause trouble (fromCInt is mapped to fromInt, which looses a
bit of precision).

I also updated the Texinfo docs and added a Changlog entry...The patch
against 1.96 is attached.

-Dave