[Help-smalltalk] Re: Smalltalk-1.95.7

From: Bonzini
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: Smalltalk-1.95.7
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 11:58:59 +0100

> Questions
> 1. Can GNU smalltalk run under a standard DOS/Windows
> environment or must I always use cygwin ?

New versions require Cygwin because they use more advanced Unix
features like asynchronous I/O.

> 2. I have tried to download the latest documentation/tutorial from
> the alpha website but I am unable to.

"make html" from the doc directory will build a colorful manual.

> 3. Do you have any samples or tutorials on GUI applications and
> Report printing using GNU Smalltalk?

There is no printing support in gst; sample GUI applications using
Tcl/Tk and the BLOX wrapper around it are in blox/ and
examples/blox/

Happy new year,

Paolo

ps: please, write to address@hidden so that your questions