[Help-smalltalk] Problem with packages

From: Brett Cundal
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Problem with packages
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 09:22:15 -0800

Hi,

I've actually managed to get things working well enough to run "make
install"... ;) But now things that were working no longer work... The
package system strikes me as a little odd and difficult to work with,
but maybe I just don't understand how it's supposed to work.

When I try to run blox (Like gst -q /usr/share/smalltalk/blox/Run.st),
it dies because the "packages" file is not in the current
directory. If I copy it to the current directory it bombs out because
of relative paths in the packages themselves...

Everything works fine if I cd to /usr/share/smalltalk, but that's not
really optimal...

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I'd like to be able to run gst and
load the standard packages without cding to the smalltalk directory,
and preferably without cluttering the current directory with packages
files... Is this possible?

Thanks for your help...

-- Brett

(No need to CC on list replies, btw0