Re: [Help-smalltalk] Problem with packages

From: Brett Cundal
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Problem with packages
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 08:35:52 -0800

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 10:37:54PM +0100, Bonzini wrote:

Hi. Thanks again for the help.

> > Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I'd like to be able to run gst and
> > load the standard packages without cding to the smalltalk directory,
> > and preferably without cluttering the current directory with packages
> > files... Is this possible?
>
> I guess you have an image in the current directory.  Just load the
> standard image, load Blox in it with
>
>    PackageLoader fileInPackage: 'Browser'!
>
> and only then save the snapshot with
>
>    ObjectMemory snapshot: Directory home, '/what/you/want.im'!

I tried this:

gst -I /usr/share/smalltalk/gst.im

But if I do "PackageLoader fileInPackage: 'Browser'!" I get the same
problem:

GNU Smalltalk Ready

Object: FileStream error: could not open /home/bcundal/packages
FileStream class(Object)>>#primError:
SystemExceptions FileError(Exception)>>#defaultAction
[] in Exception class>>#coreException
<...etc etc etc...>

So, it looks like it's stil looking in the current directory for the
packages file. Is there some other option I need to specify, or is gst
not behaving as intended?

-- Brett