[Help-smalltalk] Paths in gst.im breaking when moved

From: Brett Cundal
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Paths in gst.im breaking when moved
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 22:30:02 -0700

Hi again,

I'm working on a Debian package for smalltalk, and I've encountered
(another :)) little problem...

In the install target for gst, the gst.im is built with the proper
modules... When the gst.im is built it contains all the paths to the
source files that are loaded, the kernel path, etc... Normally this is
not a problem since the gst.im is already in its final resting place.

With the Debian packaging process, however, this is not the
case... the gst.im is built in the packaging directory, then installed
in /usr/share when the package is installed... this means all the
paths are pointing to the build directory and nothing works (for
anyone but me, since the build directory exists on my system).

Essentially, the problem is gst images can't be relocated...

I can build the gst.im as part of the package post-install process,
but I think that's an ugly solution (Everyone who installs the package
would have to build the image, even though it'll be the same in the
end)...

Is there any way to work around this with some funky options to gst
when building the gst.im? Any other ideas?

Thanks!

-- Brett