Re: [Help-smalltalk] Paths in gst.im breaking when moved

From: Brett Cundal
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Paths in gst.im breaking when moved
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:24:18 -0700

On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 09:22:53AM -0700, Brett Cundal wrote:
> [some stuff]

I worked a little on the other part of the solution... Here's the
install-data-hook, which builds the image... I haven't tested this, but
I imagine it should do *something* :)

install-data-hook:
        cd $(DESTDIR)$(pkgdatadir); \
          $(DESTDIR)$(bindir)/gst -K Load.st -Viaq $(MODULES); \
          $(DESTDIR)$(bindir)/gst -K Relocate.st -aq $(DESTDIR)/ /

Where Relocate.st contains:

FileSegment allInstances do: [ :each |
  each relocateFrom: Smalltalk arguments at: 1
       to: Smalltalk arguments at: 2
].

If I'm lucky, that should mash the gst.im into having the correct
paths... I haven't tested building my package with it because I'd
rather wait for an "official" patch before using my own "ugly hack"
patch. I'm not an expert in any of this stuff by any stretch of the
imagination, I'm just winging it. :)

Thanks for your help.

-- Brett