Re: [Help-smalltalk] keyboard input

From: Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] keyboard input
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 19:59:27 +0200

> is it possible to subscribe to this mailing list? I don't see anything
about
> how to subscribe in the manual.  Anyways, I would like to know how is it
> possible to get user input from keyboard in gst.  When i tried to do like
> stdin next printNl! it just hung there and didn't do anything.

"stdin next printNl" should do its work (cannot try right now), but maybe it
expects to read 1024 characters (a FileStream's default buffer size) from
the keyboard.  I'll experiment and if it is so I'll change stdin to a
FileDescriptor (stdout and stderr remain FileStreams since they are now
properly flushed -- this change is not in 1.96.6).