Re: [Help-smalltalk] Porting of 2.0.3 to freebsd

From: clemens fischer
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Porting of 2.0.3 to freebsd
Date: 25 Jul 2002 23:31:36 +0200

> Fritz Heinrichmeyer:

> as i did not really know what i did when patching i wanted some
> confirmation from from Paolo Bonzini and a hint to start the wiki or
> webserver. The dependencies are OK now with 2.0.3 at least the Blox
> browser works ... I am now at another box btw.

what i know about this is that paolo meditates about including parts of the
glibc to give us poor fbsd'ers the *l(math) forms.  i just tried blox
myself, and impressively enough, it seems to work, unless ... you tell it
to garbage collect:

0 p1 smalltalk-2.0.3 #gst -qK blox/Run.st
[...]
Starting window environment...
[...]
"Major scavenging... done, used space = 81%"
[...]
/usr/local/share/smalltalk/blox/Run.st:39: Segmentation violation

does the same happen with your patchwork?

clemens