Re: [Help-smalltalk] [ANN] MySQL driver for GNU Smalltalk

From: Markus Fritsche
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] [ANN] MySQL driver for GNU Smalltalk
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 20:12:03 +0200

Bonzini wrote:

Impressive.

Thanks!

For the record, what is that setWritePosition: method?  I could embed it in
the base classes.
In squeak, as far as I understood, it's used to advance the position pointer for the underlying collection of the stream.

A look into the code:

!JdmWriteStream class methodsFor: 'instance creation'!
on: aCollection startingAt: aPosition outputPacket: op
   | ws |
   ws := (self
       on: aCollection)
       setWritePosition: aPosition.
   ws outputPacket: op.
   ^ws! !

aPosition comes from JdmPacket>>#headerSize; this is the size of preceding header, 4 Bytes (as I've found out by using ethereal :-).

Releasing 2.0.4 (with long double support on non-glibc targets) and 2.0a
(with the Refactoring Browser's parser included and with support for URLs in
FileStreams).
That's nice!

Regards, Markus