Re: [Help-smalltalk] RE: Mingwin Patch

From: Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] RE: Mingwin Patch
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 11:43:48 +0100

The glib implementation of ftruncate can go into lib-src.  I intended to
write one some day, well, somebody else already did.

> WinX is a piece of MingWin (I believe it's an add-on) that supplies
> definitions and implementations of various POSIX things in terms of their
> windows counterparts.

Ok, I can do without signalx.  I have the MSVCRT source code from Visual C++
and can check the details of signal handling, probably it is as easy as
defining additional SIG* constants in gstpriv.h; I already done in 2.0k an
implementation of sigprocmask that uses signal(3) and raise(3) only.

> (b) includes <winx/sys/waitx.h> to get implementation of "fork", wait,
> pid, getpid.  I'm not sure how good these implementations are.

Can you send the file?

> 4.  tcp.c includes winsockx.h to get definitions for various POSIX error
codes
> in terms of the WINDOWS standard

I can take care of these as well.  Do you know if you can do ReadFile and
WriteFile on a socket in addition to recv and send?  This would allow me to
use _open_osfhandle to use a socket as a file descriptor.