[Help-smalltalk] Bug? Crashing on renaming Namespaces

From: Markus Fritsche
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Bug? Crashing on renaming Namespaces
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 00:54:31 +0100

Hi!

I played with the menus and wanted to rename a namespace. The first thing I
noticed is a little glitch (change attached).

I renamed a Namespace. The new Namespace was empty. After clicking two or
three times, the vm crashed, saying

Free OOP 0x40389828 was referenced
0x40389828   0x8493008              From-space Old          Set
(browser/Run.st:45: Aborted
browser/Run.st:45: Error occurred while not in byte code interpreter!!
/lib/libc.so.6[0x40043518]
/lib/libc.so.6(abort+0xd1)[0x400448d1]
gst[0x8061887]
gst[0x808ba6c]
/lib/libc.so.6[0x40043518]
gst(printf_generic+0x73)[0x8071c53]
gst[0x8072969]
gst(stream_vprintf+0x139)[0x8072ec5]
gst(snv_vprintf+0x3d)[0x8073311]
gst(snv_printf+0x20)[0x80732cc]
[0x4ebb]
Aborted

Is this a "Markus has a weird system"-bug? :-)

Regards, Markus