Re: [Help-smalltalk] Fix: NNTPClient

From: Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Fix: NNTPClient
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 13:41:24 +0100

> Attached are two fixes for NNTPClient: protocolInterpreter adds a method,
> activeArticlesInGroup: adds "clientPI" before actual protocol-based
> communication. I didn't investigate further, but maybe this has to be
> fixed in other methods to.

Yes, in many more.  I fixed a few of them here and there, and also moved
response checking to the NNTPProtocolInterpreter which is where it belongs.
Modifications are quite heavy, I can send you the new NNTP.st file if you
want to take a look; the code is much cleaner which is the purpose of
separating the client and the protocol interpreter.

Attached are the fixes to make FTP work; basically response checking was
screwed up.  It works in 2.0.x and used to at least last Summer (I
demonstrated this at a GNU Smalltalk presentation so...).  Same goes for
HTTP, but I have not stared much at it.

I also noticed that the backtraces don't distinguish instance and class
methods!  I fixed this.

I haven't investigated the crashes you found and the copy'n'paste bug yet.