[Help-smalltalk] smalltalk-2.1-pre on Sun

From: Vimal Reddy
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] smalltalk-2.1-pre on Sun
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 20:11:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
I tried compiling smalltalk-2.1-pre release on Sun Utlrasparc. I got this
errors while making libgst.

In libsgst/sysdep.c
function : PTR _gst_osmem_alloc (size_t size)
Change made: declared int fd;

In libgst/byte.h
macro: GET_STACK_DEPTH(n)
Change made : GET_STACK_DEPTH()

After making the changes, make works fine in all directories. I just have one
more problem. It just seems to be hanging at this line:

sed "s,@\(lispdir\)@,/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp,"  > smalltalk-mode.el

What does this line do? How do I fix this problem. I am not able to locate the
file /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp in my directories. Is that the problem?
I was able to find an xemacs/site-lisp though.

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Vimal

=====
Vimal Reddy
Graduate Student, ECE
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC
Ph: (919) 836-8254 Web: www4.ncsu.edu/~vkreddy