Re: [Help-smalltalk] configuration questions

From: Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] configuration questions
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 22:09:04 +0200

> 1) Should i do --disable-jit to disable just-in-time compilation? or that's
> the
> default

That's the default, besides JIT is only supported for i386/SPARC/PPC.

> 2) I am getting an error similar to "INET socket not found" when I try to make
> the tcp module. To get rid of it, I'm changing my config.cache from
> gst_cv_inet_sockets=no to gst_cv_inet_sockets=yes and running configuration
> again. Is that the fix for it?

It is not a fix but if you're not going to use sockets then it works.  I'll
revisit
that, I don't remember the exact behavior.

> 3) What's the use of --without-PACKAGE? can i use it for --without-tcp to not
> icnlude the tcp module?

--without-PACKAGE is a generic configure option.  The supported --with/--without
options are included.

> 4) Is it possible to compile gst without any networking components so there
> are
> no dependencies on libsocket and libnsl?

The networking components are only used in a shared object, not in the main gst
executable.  If it halts when building tcp, just run "make -k" or similarly
ensure that
you have an executable -- then, launch it.