Re: [Help-smalltalk] [2.1.1] Sparc executable hangs in SUnit package

From: Nicolas Pelletier
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] [2.1.1] Sparc executable hangs in SUnit package
Date: 24 Apr 2003 10:29:40 +0200

I  disabled   SUnit  tests  by   commenting  out  the  last   line  in
SUnitTests.st:

"(SUnitTest -> SUnitTest buildSuite run) printNl!
"

in an  attempt to  see if other  tests would  be okay. But  some tests
fail, and  make check  hangs in FloatCharacterizationANSITest.  I took
one failing  tests (dates.st)  and ran it  interactively under  gst. I
commented the lines:

"Date test!
Date test2!
Date test3!
"

to be able to fileIn without running everything. I got:

st> 75 % ./gst
GNU Smalltalk ready

st> FileStream fileIn: '/var/tmp/smalltalk-2.1.1/tests/dates.st' !
FileStream
st> Date test !
1700
1707
1714
1721
leap 1728
1735
1742
1749
leap 1756
1763
1770
1777
leap 1784
1791
"Scavenging... 96% reclaimed, done"
Object: Date error: did not understand #setDays:
Date class(Object)>>#doesNotUnderstand:
Date class>>#fromDays:
Date class>>#test
UndefinedObject>>#executeStatements
nil

The dnu does not always happen: sometimes, the test passes without any
trouble. Date test2  and Date test3 seem to always  pass. If Date test
fails and  I run  it again, it  passes. But  when it fails,  it always
happens just after  a "Scavenging...  96%" message, and  always at the
same point (just after 1791).

--
Nicolas