[Help-smalltalk] BSD sed fix

From: David Forster
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] BSD sed fix
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 18:00:17 -0600

The `gst-package' script has trouble with BSD versions of sed.  At
line 141 the sed command splits a i\ command up across -e's, but BSD
sed apparently wants it all in one -e.  I tried this on both FreeBSD
and SunOS.  The result is that a 0 byte pacakges.xml is installed and
installing new packages fails to update it.

Additionally, it appears the installed packages.xml file was omitted
so only the files specified on the command line where merged and
installed.  I assume the installed one is supposed to be implicit?

Here's what I got to work:

  sed -e '
$i\
</packages>
/<.packages>/,/<packages>/d
' $IMAGE_PATH/packages.xml $files > $IMAGE_PATH/packages.tmp

Thanks,
-Dave