Re: [Help-smalltalk] NetBSD/1.6//I386/installation problem

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] NetBSD/1.6//I386/installation problem
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 18:50:26 +0200

> 1. Configure is unable to "see" tcl and tk well installed in the system

Please try running

tclsh
puts $tcl_library

Either this directory or its parent should contain a tclConfig.sh file: otherwise, NetBSD's Tcl/Tk port (is it a port?) is broken.

2. Configure is not able to see it's using a wrong standard make instead of the GNU gmake

It should not -- gmake should not be needed (though actually it's BSD make's bug, not GNU gmake's features that are being exercised...).

3. The online html documentation speak about running an obsolete "gst -qK " blox/Run.st", this seems to useful to see the documentation following the code ( i know, i know, we want all that stuff,..)

Yes, the online html documentation is obsolete. I'm sorry for that, it probably was a bad idea to put it there since now I should keep it up to date... :-)