[Help-smalltalk] Just a few questions

From: Jepri
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Just a few questions
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 19:21:20 +1000

Hi all,
   I've been programming gnu-smalltalk for about a week now and it is
pretty nice, even if I have to write everything inStudlyCaps.

Just a few questions, the sort of thing you expect form any newbie, but
I can't find the answers anywhere.

How do I get at the contents of the system Transcript, or how do I
intercept them without rewriting printNl in 'Object'?
Is there a way to run code automatically at startup (code that is in the
image, I know how to 'run' a file)?
I ran across 'Semaphore' - is gnu smalltalk multithreaded, and how
serious is the threading (cooperative or pre-emptive)?

Is there a way to keep my own changeset of changes that I make to fundamental classes? I'm assuming that the fundamental classes are fixed (possibly by some kind of standard), so I'd have to keep my additionas separate, or just keep subclassing and multiplying the number of classes.