Re: [Help-smalltalk] Is GNU Smalltalk still alive?

From: nicolas n pelletier
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Is GNU Smalltalk still alive?
Date: 23 Mar 2004 15:00:45 +0100

Samuel Tardieu <address@hidden> writes:

> (this is not a troll)
>
> I wonder whether GNU Smalltalk is still maintained and alive. The only
> page I could find was the GNU one, which is not enlightning, or the
> Savannah one, which contains an empty repository.
>
> Is there any access to the current CVS (or, preferred, GNU Arch :-)
> repository for Smalltalk?

Releases usually come  up on Freshmeat [1]. Alpha  versions are posted
to  alpha.gnu.org  [2].  I  do  not  know  of  an  up  to  the  minute
repository. The number  of people actually giving code  to the project
is small, but steady.

[1]. http://freshmeat.net/projects/gnusmalltalk/
[2]. ftp://alpha.gnu.org/pub/gnu/smalltalk/

--
Nicolas